Saturday, January 29, 2011

On Thursday afternoon I had a prednisone injection in the rt. shoulder.  I was in so much pain by that time that I sobbed and told my doc. I was ready to do the Rituxan.  Being the wise doc. that he is, he told me "this is not how we make these decisions."  He told me to wait until Monday, then call him and let him know how I am doing and we would go from there.  He increased my prednisone through Monday to help me out.  Unfortunately, I don't feel as though the shot has worked or the increased prednisone is helping out.  I've never had instant relief with a prednisone shot.  Once it took 24 hours to kick in and another time 3 days.  So I am still hopeful that it will release this very painful rt. shoulder.

Yesterday I didn't even dress.  I stayed in my nightgown and robe all day because it was easier than trying to pull my pants up.  That is horribly painful.  Tom was babysitting at Sarah's and Matt was at work, so who would see me all day?  Today I had Tom help me dress in some very loose and comfortable workout wear.  And my shoulder is just a bit better in that I can touch my right ear with my right hand today!  Woo-Hoo!  This is getting darned boring.

I have to thank my son, Matt for all of his help with this blog.  He was my encouragement to start it.  When I can't figure out something with it, he has been my assistant!

No comments:

Post a Comment