Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thusday's Infusion

Thursday's infusion went pretty well.  I was prepared for all of the same sensations that that I encountered last time, but it wasn't the same.  At about 45 mins. in, I noticed that slight metallic taste and then with the next swallow, it was gone, over, and no more.  I did have the dry throat and mouth, but not quite so badly as last time.  No headache, no swelling at the time of infusion.  I went home pretty happy.  I did fall asleep during the infusion and apparently slept well over an hour (due to the benedryl).  I was thirsty last night and did drink, but it was no more than the normal amount I would any evening.  Went to bed early - I was tired.  The whole ordeal is emotionally exhausting.  I slept a couple of hours and then the rest of the night I was totally wired from the prednisone and could not sleep.  I tossed and turned and watched the clock.  When I finally allowed myself to get up this morning after a terrible night, I was so disappointed to see I had puffed up horribly!  My face is so full, eyelids are very puffy, etc.  The rest of my body is as well.  I am not wearing any rings today because my hands are so swollen.  I have a mild headache which seems to be worsening as the day goes on.  I look like a balloon.  I take satisfaction in knowing that each day it will get better and the swelling will go down a little.
 
On Friday mid morning the headache got worse and worse.  I was disappointed because I didn't think it would happen at all.  But fortunately it was gone Saturday morning!  I slept wonderfully well Friday night.
 
Easter Sunday much of the swelling was down.  I didn't look like a puffed up balloon.  I would have hated that for church this morning!
 
Enjoyed having all of my family here today.  All of us spending time together is just the best thing ever!  I love the grandchildren SO much!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment