Monday, February 28, 2011

The Company of Others

It's always nice to know you are not alone.  A week ago a woman called me who has had Lupus for about 20 years.  She is a friend of a friend.  We talked for the longest time "comparing notes."  Her story is much like my story.  The medications she has taken over the years are the same ones I've been on.  About a year ago she started on Rituxan.  It was really good to share with someone in the same boat.  Not that we moaned and groaned, but that we helped to encourage each other as well!

The other day my son told me he was going to give my blog link to someone so they could pass it on to a person they know who has lupus.  I think there are people out there reading my blog, but no one leaves a comment or even mentions that they were here.  I am disappointed in that.

I continue to work out and feel that my time at the gym really helps keep my joints loose.  I am still on the organic diet, but it is getting to be a lot of work.  I am cooking two completely different meals most days:  one for me and one for my husband and son.  And there are times when I really want to have what they are having, but can't because it's not organic.  There may have to be some "modifications" to this business of going totally organic.  I wouldn't drink a diet soda or diet anything even if I was dehydrated!  I know the artificial sweeteners are JUST BAD, BAD, BAD!  I am avoiding additives and preservatives - I know how bad those are.

1 comment:

  1. That is great that you found someone with a similar situation. I always find that that has helped us with our infertility. It is comforting to have a person who can relate and share advice.

    ReplyDelete